The Greater Flagstone Priority Development Area (PDA) is located between two future employment precincts at North Maclean and Bromelton.
It is expected to provide approximately 50,000 dwellings to house a population of up to 120,000 people.
The PDA covers 7188 hectares and is located west of the Jimboomba and Mount Lindsay Highway, along the Brisbane-Sydney rail line.
Full development of the Greater Flagstone PDA is expected to take 30-40 years.
The PDA was declared on 8 October 2010.
The development scheme is the regulatory document which assists with planning, carrying out, promoting, coordinating and controlling land development within the PDA.
The Greater Flagstone PDA Development Scheme ( 2.54 MB) commenced on 8 October 2011.
Note: Amendments to the Economic Development Act 2012 have changed the interpretation of PDA exempt and PDA self-assessable development. More information
Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) assesses development applications for this PDA.
All development applications within the PDA are assessed against the development scheme.
Endorsed context plans
Refer to the Greater Flagstone PDA Development Scheme for the statutory requirements of a context plan. Refer to Practice note no. 9 - Context plans ( 957 KB) for further detail on preparing a context plan.
- Download the Endorsed Mountain Road, South Maclean Context Plan ( 2.94 MB)
- Download the Endorsed Undullah Context Plan ( 8.64 MB)
- Download the Endorsed Greater Flagstone Overall Context Plan ( 834 KB)
- Download the Endorsed Greater Flagstone Context Plan ( 1.3 MB)
- Download the Endorsed Flagstone Context Area One Context Plan ( 1.36 MB)
- Download the Endorsed Context Plan – Riverside ( 1.93 MB)
Funding and building infrastructure is key to facilitating development within PDAs and is outlined in the Infrastructure Funding Framework (IFF).
Potential offsets are identified in an ICOP.
- Download the Greater Flagstone PDA ICOP ( 415 KB)
- Download the Greater Flagstone PDA ICOP maps ( 16 MB)
Proposed ICOP 2019
The proposed Greater Flagstone PDA ICOP 2019 will regulate the infrastructure contributions that may be offset against the Greater Flagstone PDA charges set in the IFF.
The proposed ICOP aligns infrastructure items with approved plans, Local Infrastructure Plan and Sub-Regional Infrastructure Plan documents.
The approved Greater Flagstone ICOP 2019 will be in effect until EDQ completes a program of work to review all strategic trunk infrastructure asset planning and costs in the Greater Flagstone PDA. , The review will inform the future Development Charges Offset Plan (DCOP). The DCOP will replace the ICOP once completed.
The proposed ICOP was publicly notified from 9 October 2019 to 5 November 2019.
EDQ will assess all submissions received and prepare a submissions report.
- Download the proposed Greater Flagstone ICOP ( 723 KB)
- Download the proposed Greater Flagstone ICOP maps ( 16.1 MB)