- Council: Balonne Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Flood Mitigation Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Localised flooding after heavy rainfall in Dirranbandi will be reduced when existing drainage infrastructure is replaced.
Large trees on the footpath have compromised the efficient channelling of storm water. To address this, over 180 metres of kerb and channelling on the western side of Kirby Street—a major street in Dirranbandi—will be upgraded.
The road is an important connection road for the community and the project will capture surface run-off water, directing it away from the town.
The project means:
- improved flood immunity
- reduced water pooling and mosquito breeding
- safer access to properties on the street
- a tidier streetscape
- minimal ongoing maintenance.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.