The key criteria that will be used to consider your initial proposal are:
- alignment with government policy, priority and community need
- justification for direct negotiation
- value for money
- your capacity and capability to deliver the project.
If your proposal progresses to Stage 2 it will also be assessed in relation to:
- risk and cost allocation
- feasibility of the proposal.
At all stages, the government will also consider:
- whether any other proposal addressing the same need, or proposing a similar outcome, is under active consideration by government
- if the proposal is a genuine commercial proposition requiring the support of government and that it is unsuited to existing funding mechanisms.
The Supplementary Guidance Note: MLP Assessment Criteria ( 408KB) provides more information about the purpose of the assessment criteria and how they are applied in practice.