When a proposal is approved to move to Stage 3: Final Binding Offer, government will negotiate final terms and conditions with you. The government will:
- advise you about the process and protocols for the development of the contract
- engage appropriate expert advisors (e.g. legal, financial and technical)
- advise of any elements for negotiation and agreement in preparation of the contract
- develop contract management arrangements, setting out how to monitor implementation and operational stages of the project and ensure contracted outcomes are achieved
- prepare a report for relevant minister/s advising the outcome of the assessment and seeking a decision on next steps.
In some circumstances you may be responsible for preparing the final binding contract. If this is the case, government will undertake a comprehensive assessment of the contractual documentation you submit.
At the end of this stage, you will have an executed binding contract and will be ready to commence delivery. If your project will be delivered in conjunction with another department, the project will be handed over to the relevant agency.