To ensure the Queensland manufacturing sector continues to grow and becomes globally competitive, the government has broadened engagement on the future direction of advanced manufacturing through a Manufacturing Ministerial Committee (MMC), to be chaired by the Honourable Cameron Dick MP, Minister for State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning.
- Ms Christine Bridges-Taylor, General Manager, B&R Enclosures Pty Ltd - extensive experience in managing manufacturing entities serving over 35 years with B&R Enclosures.
- Ms Peta-Maree Broadley, Managing Director, Homefab - heads a leading steel frame component manufacturer and DIY steel home supplier across Northern Australia.
- Ms Shay Chalmers, Director, Strategic Engineering Australia - experienced engineering management professional, her global career has spanned a wide range of manufacturing environments.
- Ms Marina Chambers, Queensland Branch President, Australian Workers’ Union - worked for the AWU for almost 24 years, predominantly with industries such as steel, aluminium, aviation, glass, construction and general manufacturing.
- Mr John McLean, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks - took over as CEO of Bundaberg Brewed Drinks in 2007 with a mission to grow the business internationally.
- Mr Wasantha Mudannayake, General Manager Operations, Teys Australia - oversees Teys Australia Rockhampton, a national beef processing facility with turnover of over $520 million.
- Mr Shane Rodgers, Queensland Director, Australian Industry Group - heads the state peak employer organisation representing traditional, innovative and emerging industry sectors.
- Mr Andrew Spink, Executive General Manager, Business Development Rail, Downer Group - responsible for Downer Rail Passenger Business relating to growth and sustainability of 1,500 employees across Australia.
- Mr Stephen Tait, Chief Executive Officer, Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland (CCIQ) - an experienced business leader who joined CCIQ as CEO in 2012 to represent Queensland’s small and medium businesses.
- Mr Rohan Webb, State Secretary, Queensland and Northern Territory, Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union - a member of the AMWU National and State Executive and the Queensland Council of Unions Executive and Management Committee.
- Ms Julie Williams, Chief Executive Officer, AgSolutions Australia - instrumental in the development of a thriving business employing over 40 staff who are committed to serving farming communities.
- Ms Jacqui Wilson-Smith, Global Innovation Manager, McCormick & Company Inc - an innovator, marketer, chair, director and board advisor as well as being part of the largest producer of spices in the world.