Building our Regions
Building our Regions is a $375 million targeted regional infrastructure program for local government projects. The primary purpose of the Building our Regions program is to provide funding for critical infrastructure in regional areas of the state, while also generating jobs, fostering economic development and improving the liveability of regional communities.
Building our Regions has allocated $225 million across 174 projects.
There are four focused infrastructure funds under the program. The three funds managed by the department include:
- Regional Capital Fund
- Royalties for Resource Producing Communities Fund
- Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund.
The fourth fund is the Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS), managed by the Department of Transport and Main Roads. The Building our Regions program provides a $150 million boost to this fund over five financial years. Information about TIDS is available at www.tmr.qld.gov.au.
Use the interactive web map to view project locations across Queensland. Alternatively, refer to the maps below:
- Building our Regions: Current Fund Areas ( 2.24 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 1 Fund Areas ( 1.7 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 1 Projects ( 1.6 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 2 Projects ( 1.7 MB)
- Building our Regions: Supplementary Round Projects ( 1.6 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 3 Projects ( 1.6 MB)
For more information about the Building our Regions program:
- call the program team on 07 3452 7377 or 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- contact your local regional office